The Anatomy of a Great A Bitter Tequila Cocktails For Valentine's

 

Bitter Valentines


Bitter Valentines: A Bitter Tequila Cocktail for Valentines


What a magical time of the year, ah, Valentine's Day. Everything is pink and bloated and full of wonder and blah. This is not my thing. Sure, I'll celebrate, but it's more at home, make a good meal. It doesn't have to go out, a big splash is a fancy deal. There is no need to get internet points (especially if they are reserved for only one day in a year) due to excessive use in your grand gestures. Let us all fill our hearts with love and joy by having a good drink like Bitter Valentines Beer.

The last time I made a big effort to go out on Valentine's Day, I had Alice and me eating at one of our favorite restaurants in LA: The Foundry on Melrose. There was nothing we loved about the place, the food was amazing, the service was second to none, the grilled cheese was mind-blowing, it's still the best burger I've ever had, the cocktails were on point, literally ( Thanks Bobby [there's a story there too, but that's another post]) Everything was fantastic.

However, the downside of going on a big V day is that it is always a fixed menu. I understand this completely because it's hard to knock out a full menu when you're trying to turn the tables and get more and more Love Birds. Still, the food was good, but I knew I wanted to return for the entire experience - mostly because some of my favorites were not on the set menu.

Then they stopped.


We never got that last meal there. Eric Greenspan is still one of the best cooks I've had the pleasure of meeting (he used to come to every table, have a little chat, make sure the food was good, then go back to ruling the kitchen), But had to be closed before the final full meal was found, the foundry was a bit bitter.

Bitter Valentines1



Maybe we just have to have some grilled cheese instead.


Anyway, back in the beginning, the cocktail under consideration, Alewerks Bitter Valentine. I recently wanted to play with the Bitter Tequila taste, so I took a bottle of Amaro Lucano, took a swipe, and imagined some Valentine flavors.

This is how I work in my mysterious cocktail divination methods. The magic behind the drink.

I had two ideas, one I ignored because I could detect it later and the other was strawberries.

If you have never tried Amaro Lucano, it is earthy, bitter, and has some unique botanical notes. One of the things with which it works is strawberries. If you don't believe me, take a swig and think for yourself. I'll wait

After deciding to go down Strawberry Lane, I must have been inspired by the transgressive nature of spring (at least here in California where it is hovering around 77 ° F today) and I felt that a good Tequila Bitter would work famously. Will do.

Now we were ready with Amaro Lucano, tequila, strawberry liqueur, and some. We needed something else there to satisfy the flavors. That lemon turned out to be something else.

Mix them all and you have a refreshing, slightly bitter, slightly sweet, endlessly delicious cocktail. Whether you like the big day for a teddy bear or hate it, you will enjoy Bitter Valentine.

For the rest of us, let us go to the bitter valentine!

Post a Comment

If you have any question. please ask me.

Previous Post Next Post